1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind,whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
What does it mean to you?????
You wanna be on top??!! Well you can according to ANTM!
Billboards, TV ads and magazines are constantly shaping the way we perceive “beauty” as it relates to our size, hair, waistline, height, views, standards, diet (or lack of!) & it goes on and on…..
So what do you do? You give in…. You succumb to turning into someone you’re not, wearing things you probably don’t even feel comfortable in, following the next ‘big diet’ and you don’t know why! And all the while, you lose yourself….who you really are….. with thoughts in your head like:
– “I actually do like that colour, even if no-one else does!”
– “I like walks in the park, rather than going for a 10k run!”
– “Why can’t I just have that biscuit/cake/chocolate at least once this MONTH!”
Now, don’t get it twisted! I’m not saying that going for a 10k run is bad (if you wanna run, ‘RUN FORREST RUN!’), or that not having chocolate is bad either. If you wanna eat grapes, eat grapes! Whatever it is that you like doing, eating or wearing, do so to the best of your ability. But if most of you are honest with yourselves, you’re doing better at not being you than being the ‘real you’ to the best of your ability.
A wise man said to me that it’s only by embracing who you are that you’re better equipped mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically to face life with the right perspective. If you don’t accept who you are in the present, then how can you take the necessary steps to become the person you desire to be in the future?
I love Elisabeth Kubler Ross’s quote about beauty because it says to me that beauty is more than just an outward presentation, it also signifies character and a journey. Why? Because life and all that we go through until our last breath, is beauty. From the beauty of the sunrise, to precious moments shared with family, from the birth of a baby, to the memories we hold dear.
In a world that feeds doubts, fears and insecurities, beauty.id via Reflections wants to contradict all that and provide a forum that:
1) Builds, rather than breaks beauty.
2) Share’s rather than hides beauty.
3) Celebrates and embraces beauty for what it should be – a balance of inward beauty that radiates outwardly, no matter how different or unique you are.
I am not a journalist or a speaker, but I am a woman who has begun and who is still continuing on my journey of beauty. We will never be a ‘finished article’, but if we aim to be the best we can be at home, in the workplace, in public & yes, even whilst driving! Not only will we be able to unleash the potential in ourselves, but also help impact those around us for the better.
Accept who you are.
Acknowledge your flaws.
Learn valuable lessons from your past.
Look with hope to your future.